New & Need Help!
Hi, I’m new here! I just got married and looking for some advice on names. I’d like your opinions so we can keep our favorite names a secret from our friends and family
So my problem with our favorite girl names revolve around our last name and was wondering how big of an issue you think it will really be.
1. Violet – Our last name begins with an “F” and we are always having to clarify that it starts with an “F” not a “V” so I am afraid that a name starting in V will make it that much more confusing?
2. Maeve – A similar problem…I know the rule: don’t end one name with the same way the next one starts. Even though Maeve ends in a “V” sound and her last name will be “F” does it break the rule? Does it run together too much?
3. Lilah – Okay, this one doesn’t break any rules with our last name lol but can it be used in the same sibset as Violet? I think it’s either one or the other..
Our boy choices don’t have as many issues we just can’t agree!
1. Ronan – my choice. I think it fits the Irish genre we’re going for and I love the nickname “Ro” for a boy or a girl.
2. Archer – For some reason my husband is obsessed with this one. EVERYTHING is Archer from his fish to his car..ugh I just cannot get past the nn “Archie”
3. Donovan – The front runner for now just because it’s the one we agree on, but I just don’t know if I love it. Is there a usable nick name?