BabyNamesWorld  /  Message Boards  /  Baby Names Advice  /  3 months left and cant decide!

3 months left and cant decide!

• Elle
    Participant

We are quickly running out of time to narrow our list down! We have 5 names for each gender and are trying to get it down too 2 that we love for each. Opinions/Suggestions would be really appreciated!!

Boys:

Dashiell James
    Emmett James
    Beckett James
    Lucan Alexander
    Courtland Alexander

Girls:

Molly Katherine
    Ellery Kate
    Rory Elizabeth
    Kali Elizabeth
    Harper Rose

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7)
  • rylane46
    rylane46
    Participant

I like Emmett or Beckett. Is Lucan prn. Luke in….or like Lucian? If it were Lucas, it would definitely get my vote (over Emmett). My least favorite is Dashiell.

For the girls I like Molly Katherine or Harper Rose. The only girl one I’m not crazy about is Ellery (reminds me of celery).

TwoSapphires
    TwoSapphires
    Participant

I would definitely vote for Emmett James and Molly Katherine.
    I kind of like Dashiell but it’s more a “guilty pleasure” name for me; it sounds a bit comic book-ish. Lucan throws me off; I confess it looks like a typo to people who are used to seeing Lucas, Lucian and Luca. Since it has several alternative similar names I think it might cause a bit of confusion. I do like Lucas though. Beckett and Courtland both sound a little feminine to me; I think since Beckett is close to Becky and Courtland to Courtney (and the only Courtland I’ve known was a girl). Courtland also sounds a bit like a basketball-themed amusement park or something.

Ellery is pretty but reminds me too much of “celery.” Rory is cute and would be my third choice, though I’m not big on boy names on girls. Kali is pretty trendy and has so many alternate spellings that I think she’d end up spelling it for people a lot. I know a bunch of Kaylees, Kaylies, Kaleys, and Kaelis. (And then there’s Cali, Caley, Calee, etc.)
    Harper is not bad. I love the literary association. It always makes me think of the expression “to harp on (something)” but it’s a good, solid name and sounds good with Rose; it would be my second choice from your list.

TheWishingStar
    TheWishingStar
    Participant

I like Emmett James and Molly Katherine the best by far.

yellowwatts
    yellowwatts
    Participant

Emmett James and Molly Katherine are amazing!!

embra
    Participant

I like Emmett James a lot. For your girl, I like Molly Katherine best and Harper Rose next best. I would like Rory Elizabeth better if Rory were a nn for something else (like Lorelei, Aurelia, Aurora – although the last two wouldn’t go well with Elizabeth). It sounds kind of incomplete to me as is. Something like Aurora Kate (Rory Kate) would be cute.

lcd1912
    lcd1912
    Participant

Dashiell James – Please don’t get offended but I just don’t see the appeal…the pronunciation and spelling just don’t vibe in my opinion. Although Dash is super cute I’d like to see it on a puppy :) I do LOVE James in the mn spot though.
    Emmett James – love
    Beckett James – love second
    Lucan Alexander – Love third
    Courtland Alexander – reminds me of Teen Mom/a City or Park name/last name?

Girls:

Molly Katherine – Love
    Ellery Kate – I agree with another comment of it reminding me of Celery
    Rory Elizabeth – I prefer Rory on a boy, but I do like Elizabeth to balance it.
    Kali Elizabeth – Kali is a cute nn but doesn’t sound complete for a fn.
    Harper Rose – kind of trendy but pretty

I vote for Emmett James & Molly Katherine!!

jenni_lynn91
    jenni_lynn91
    Participant

For boys, I like Emmett James, then Beckett James. For girls, I like Kali Elizabeth, then Harper Rose.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7)

Funny Videos for Moms